Monday, August 24, 2009

Love's Looking Glass

Seemingly forbidden yet irrecovably present is the haunting memory of your presence that plagues my every thought

The smell of your vibrance and the illumination of your scent leaves me to wonder is this love or lust....or could it possibly be both?

Can this type of love exist without sensuous desires prolonged by distant fulfillment...can this strong of a lust maintain without the deep seeded affection bloomed into a garden of happily ever afters and intensified longing for the embrace of another

My heart cries out in agonizing angst for the day to come when we no longer wait out the storm...instead we give each other the courage to dance in the rain. Releasing our souls into the abyss known as the freedom of happiness yet entraping our hearts in the ever expanding enigma known as love

My heart cries out to you even when I cannot hear it...even when i wish it didn't...even when I've commanded it to move forward in silence without ever looking back to you or forward to the possibility of you

My heart knows not of logic..just its simple animalistic desires to attain that feeling of fulfillment again...through the darkness...the fire...the torment it will repeatedly travel just to catch a glimpse of your essence

Turn away heart...turn your glare back to me...see that I am drowning in my own tears...in my own regrets...in my own desires...in my own thoughts...I am YOUR master...turn your glare back to me...obey me...listen to me...save me

Yet my cries fall on no ears at all for even deaf ears could hear the tearful shrieking of my pleas...a falter?...maybe you do hear me. Even in hearing my demands, my cries, my pleas you do not turn around...I am your master...you are a part of me...why do you not listen?

In that instance I finally realized...I am not your master but you are mine. The strongest of all parts of this mortal earthbound body...you are your own master.

Please...turn my heart away from you for it will not heed my cries...but I look closer...this mirror reflection of myself...this identical person is not me...its you. Your heart has left you just as mine has escaped my grasp...they both live on an alternative plane together existing in perpetual perfect love; yet we have been left here to suffer in seeming lonliness while we are truly only but a mirror's reflection apart.

I touch the mirror and feel the heat of your existence...the burning glow of your essence, but with only logic here to empower me I am not strong enough to break the mirror to get to you. Seven years of a complicated relationship past plus the fear of seven years damnation ahead I cannot...I must sorrowfully remain here...drowning in my own tears to quelch the longing desire of your touch...your presence...your heart.

Today is the day my heart no longer cries...feelings it can no longer hide..for it has finally been set free of its captor...its oppressor...its enemy...

Ironically not you...but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment